PRIVACY NOTICE IN ACCORDANCE TO PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
iRoll Auto Group of Companies respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice is formulated and issued in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data”, “processing” and “data processor” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “we”, “our” or “us” shall refer to iRoll Auto Group of Companies or any of our associates and affiliates and/or our data processor for the purpose of processing the Personal Data and “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing the Personal Data including the Personal Data of the directors, shareholders, managers and/or officers of company; the Personal Data of the partners, managers and/or officers of a partnership; the Personal Data of the officer bearers of society, club or unincorporated body.
THE NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- The Personal Data processed by us and/or data processor may include your personal information such as your photograph, name, contact details, address, national registration identity card number or passport number, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, occupation or profession, employer’s details, date of birth, email address, marital status, spouse’s details, children’s details, referee’s details, age, income, salutation, sociological and/ or lifestyle data including but not limited to car registration details, previous employer’s details, introducer’s details, property details and financial details.
- The Personal Data shall also include sensitive personal data consisting of medical information relating to the physical or mental health or condition of you, your political opinions, your religious beliefs, the commission or alleged commission by you of any offence, all of which are provided by you or otherwise by third parties about you that is not already available in the public domain.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING OF PERSONAL DATA
- By providing any of your Personal Data to us, you hereby agree that we shall collect, retain and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and to communicate or correspond with you;
- To send you materials such as newsletters, articles, as well as other updates
- To keep the record of your donations & ensure timely issuance of your tax exempt receipts:
- To invite you to our fundraising events;
- To facilitate with the legal and regulatory requirements and/or to make such disclosures as may be required by law or regulations, court order or legal process; and
- To use it for any other purposes that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to our operation, administration, record keeping, billing and collection, audits, reporting and investigation.
- We may contact you for the purpose as set out in (B) above via telephone calls, emails, text messaging, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
DISCLOSURE OR TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential but you agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) amongst any of its associates and affiliates and / or to third parties as may be necessary or appropriate including but not limited to:-
- Our professional advisers such as auditors, lawyers and consultants;
- Any other part(ies) whom you have authorized us to disclose your Personal Data to;
- Our data processor who processes the Personal Data on our behalf; and
- Our employees, insurance companies and any person who is under a confidentiality obligations towards us.
PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED BY YOU
- By providing to us the Personal Data, you hereby consent us to process the Personal Data in accordance with this Notice and the Act.
- In relation to Personal Data of any third party which are provided by you to us that is not already available in the public domain, you hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from them for you to provide their respective Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out in paragraphs (B) above and disclosed to parties as stated in paragraphs (C) above.
- Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data provided to us is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. The Personal Data collected and processed by us is deemed to be accurate until and unless you inform us otherwise in writing.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Personal Data held by us will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the Act and pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force for the duration of your relationship with us or for such period as we may deem necessary to protect our interest, where otherwise required under any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements.
- We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was to be processed.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in our website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/ or post these informationfor the purpose of our operation.
SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
- You acknowledge that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. While we strive to protect such Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to us hence you hereby acknowledge that the Personal Data is transmitted to us at your own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
- We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice to you. We advise you to check this Privacy Notice on our website on a regular basis.
- By you continuing to communicate with us subsequent to any amendments to this Notice, it would confirm and indicate your acceptance to that amendments to this Notice.